To the Families We Serve and Our Community:
Due to the outbreak of the Corona Virus (COVID-19) we are taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of the families we serve, our community, and our staff. We are continuously monitoring and following the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and World Health Organization’s statements, along with SC DHEC, and our local authorities. We have implemented the following measures to minimize the risk of spreading any illness:
- Hand sanitizer has been placed at each entrance.
- We are using EPA approved cleaning and disinfectant products to clean our facilities between services and at the beginning and end of each day.
- To minimize direct contact, we ask that you refrain from physical condolences during this time. Direct Eye Contact, Loving Words, and a Warm Smile can be as meaningful to the families as a traditional handshake or hug, especially during these difficult times. We have placed signs inside our facility to remind our guests of this importance.
- At the time of death, we are offering online and over the phone arrangements that can be made from the safety of your home for those who feel the need to stay in. We are still able to meet with your immediate family members at our facility to plan the arrangements for you loved one.
- We encourage you to share a memory or send condolences for the family on our website at www.thekennedymortuary.com. We are also happy to place your name in the register book at the mortuary if you call our office.
- We request that guests who are experiencing any cold or respiratory symptoms, have traveled or had contact with someone who has travelled to a high-risk area inside or outside of the United States in the recent weeks, please refrain from visiting the funeral home at this time.
- We are working with our families to offer alternatives to large gatherings such as virtual streaming, outside memorials with more space, or private services. Another option is to have a private ceremony now and host a public service once COVID-19 is eradicated.
During these uncertain times, we will continue to serve each family with respect, dignity, and compassion. Together we can continue to plan a meaningful service for each and every unique situation that may arise. We thank you for your willingness to help and your understanding.
It is our prayer that each of you stay safe and protected during this difficult time. May we all be a blessing to someone in need during the days ahead and always!
For the families we are serving, feel free to click here to be taken to our At-Need arrangement tab.